Such is true with your home and its foundation. Cracks in your home foundation can lead to serious structural problems, including water leakage which causes damp or flooded basements, requiring additional steps to be taken for waterproofing your home. There are many masonry patching products on the market, and while many foundation repair contractors will use these products, they won’t provide you the long-lasting protection you need to fully seal the cracks.Why are there cracks in my basement?
There are 3 types of cracks that can occur in your basement:
1. The soil around your home expands when it becomes wet. Therefore, the soil pushes against your walls causing it to crack or push inward. In this case, you will often see a horizontal foundation crack.
2. A stair-step crack can be a result of a bowing wall or settling foundation. This can occur because of soil pressure pressing against your foundation or unstable soil beneath it.
3. Vertical cracks can be the result of foundation settlement or tilted poured walls.
- The surrounding soil can’t support the weight of your home.
- You may have improper footing dimensions. When building your home, the weight may not have been factored in for the soil type on your lot.
- Changes in temperature and moisture can cause the soil around your home to expand and contract, adding pressure around and under your foundation. This is also called an “Active Zone”.
Do you have cracks in your basement? Don’t wait for the problem to get worse!
At RaiseRite, we’ve been helping thousands of home owners fix cracks in their home foundation walls for over 40 years, and while the technology and products have changed over time, our commitment to high quality workmanship and going the extra mile to deliver you exemplary customer service has not.
High Quality Foundation Crack Repair
When we help our customers repair their foundation cracks, we use an innovative carbon fiber product that is specifically manufactured to provide structural reinforcement of concrete and block cement walls.
Our special carbon fiber foundation crack repair product…
- means easy installation: with our carbon fiber foundation crack repair product, installation is easy and we do not require the need to use noisy or heavy equipment to fix the cracks in your foundation
- requires no maintenance: since carbon fiber never corrodes, no maintenance is required to keep it working for you
- will last: coupled with exclusive high-strength HMI polyurethane foam to fill and seal all cracks and voids, our carbon fiber foundation crack repair product is stronger than steel, and eliminates the forces producing the cracks, which prevents future damage
5/16/16 Dave, It was about ten years ago that my basement walls started to move and leak. I called a local company to have the situation taken care of. They came over and proceeded to install a system that was meant to bring the walls back into position and prevent cracking and leaking. They did this by drilling through the walls and extending a rod out to the yard about eight to 13 feet from the house. It was supposed to be tightened to bring the wall back to the original place or close to it. It did move the walls ever so slightly, but return, cause more cracked in the walls. After repeated calls for the firm to come and fix the problems, the leaking did cease but the company asked me for $100 a year to guarantee their warranty. They worked on the East and South walls. Two years ago, the west and north walls began to leak and I called another local firm, because I lost all tryst in the first firm. They did the same procedure with the same results. Tighten the rods and get more cracking and more leaks. After continued leaking for the better part of the last two years, I decided, after a $15,000.00 expenditure, to call and get the basement fixed correctly to end the leaking. A competitor contractor mentioned your name and I called you. I had your firm mudjack my driveway a couple times, but I did not know you did basement work also. I accepted your bid in the winter of 2015 to do the work in the spring of 2016 and this past week, after two weeks, the job is complete! You excavated around the entire house, pushed back the walls, installed steel beams every four feet in the basement, filled all of the cracks inside and out and applied a sealer on the outside of the walls. I am confident that my basement is not sealed and should not leak. I can only have words of praise for the men who performed the work. They were not only courteous, but very hard working and when they left, the outside of my home was landscaped and the property cleaned up. We are very appreciative of the excellent quality of work you performed and look forward to a “dry” (SureDry) basement in the future! Again, Thank you Clyde Menasha, Wisconsin