Such is true with your home and its foundation. Cracks in your home foundation can lead to serious structural problems, including water leakage which causes damp or flooded basements, requiring additional steps to be taken for waterproofing your home. There are many masonry patching products on the market, and while many foundation repair contractors will use these products, they won’t provide you the long-lasting protection you need to fully seal the cracks.Why are there cracks in my basement?
There are 3 types of cracks that can occur in your basement:
1. The soil around your home expands when it becomes wet. Therefore, the soil pushes against your walls causing it to crack or push inward. In this case, you will often see a horizontal foundation crack.
2. A stair-step crack can be a result of a bowing wall or settling foundation. This can occur because of soil pressure pressing against your foundation or unstable soil beneath it.
3. Vertical cracks can be the result of foundation settlement or tilted poured walls.
- The surrounding soil can’t support the weight of your home.
- You may have improper footing dimensions. When building your home, the weight may not have been factored in for the soil type on your lot.
- Changes in temperature and moisture can cause the soil around your home to expand and contract, adding pressure around and under your foundation. This is also called an “Active Zone”.
Do you have cracks in your basement? Don’t wait for the problem to get worse!
At RaiseRite, we’ve been helping thousands of home owners fix cracks in their home foundation walls for over 40 years, and while the technology and products have changed over time, our commitment to high quality workmanship and going the extra mile to deliver you exemplary customer service has not.
RaiseRite Concrete Lifting raised my front sidewalk. I was able to be home from work when the work was done to watch the process, and needless to say I was very impressed. I had no idea how it was done, so it was interesting to watch from start to finish. I was amazed at how the driller could handle that drill and place the holes exactly right to raise the slabs in the direction they need to be raised, my sidewalk was a disaster and they made it straight again! The men were very professional and the clean-up was perfect. I would highly recommend RaiseRite Concrete Lifting Inc. to anyone. ~ Kelly, Manitowoc WI